Our aim is to ensure that every visit to Moddershall Oaks is as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. We welcome disabled guests and those guests who have reduced or limited mobility.
We are confident that all guests can benefit from our facilities and caring service, and we provide the following facilities and advice for your comfort.
- If you have any specific requirements, please contact us prior to your visit or booking to discuss.
- We are happy to arrange an escorted tour of the property prior to your visit where we can fully explain the accessibility of the facilities.
- If you are pregnant, have a known allergy or have had / are currently living with a medical condition, please consult your doctor before visiting. Following this advice, please notify us of any condition that we need to be aware of prior to completing your booking.
Arrival and departure
- We have 5 accessible car parking spaces available on the property (one close to the spa entrance, two at MADE Wellness Centre and two close to The Venue entrance).
- The spa reception is located on the ground floor and has ramp access.
- There is flat level access to the Oak House Restaurant, The Venue and MADE Wellness Centre (see below for details).
- Staff will be happy to provide assistance with luggage.
Travel around Moddershall Oaks
- Due to the structure of the building and its position in Moddershall valley, the property is split across multiple levels on a steep gradient. As such, internal access to the different areas and facilities includes winding corridors and steps.
- Flat level access to the different facilities is available using external pathways around the property. External pathways are firm with no gravel.
- We provide external ramp access to the Blush Lounge, bedroom suites, spa reception and indoor spa facilities.
- We provide flat level access to the Oak House Restaurant, The Venue and MADE Wellness Centre.
- All bedrooms are on the ground floor and are accessible by an external ramp entrance.
- We have one adapted bedroom available with wet room showering facilities, called the ‘Accessibility Suite’.
- The Accessibility Suite wet room incorporates many modifications including horizontal and vertical grab rails, lowered sink, mirror and vanity unit. A shower seat is available upon request.
- The Accessibility Suite has widened doorways and is suitable for wheelchair use.
Bathing and changing
- From the spa reception, wheelchair access to the accessible changing room is via an outdoor pathway. Due to the steep gradient of the slope from reception to the entrance point, wheelchair users may need assistance when heading down this route.
- Accessible changing facilities include toilet, lowered sink and mirror, shower with shower seat, horizontal and vertical grab rails, emergency cord and locker facilities.
- The accessible changing facility has direct access to the indoor spa.
- There is step access to the swimming pool, vitality pool, hydrotherapy pool and spa pool. Handrails are positioned to assist entry and exit from the water.
- We do not have a hoist for any of the spa pools.
- The kelo sauna and the steam room are not accessible for wheelchairs.
- The relaxation lounge and sleep lounge are both accessible by wheelchair.
- There are accessible toilet facilities next to reception, adjacent to the indoor spa, in the Oak House restaurant and in the Venue. All accessible toilet facilities have an emergency pull cord, horizontal and vertical grab bars and lowered sinks and mirrors.
- Majority of our treatment rooms are on the first floor with step access only.
- For those requiring ground floor flat level access, treatments can be provided in our couples treatment room, the Blush Lounge, or in MADE Wellness Centre.
- Our therapists have received training from the Amethyst Trust, enabling them to adapt certain treatments for people who have had or are currently living with a medical condition such as cancer. We would advise guests to speak with our spa reservations team in advance of their arrival for advice on suitable treatments.
- Upon arrival at the spa, guests are asked to complete a medical form. We ask that medical conditions or anything else that may affect your treatment are disclosed on this form.
- We have treatments specifically designed for pregnant ladies, and these vary depending on the trimester of the pregnancy. Please speak to a member of the spa reservations team for advice on suitable treatments.
- When booking your treatment, we will always our best to accommodate your needs wherever possible, however please bear in mind that our therapists and reservations team are not medical practitioners. We always advise consulting your doctor before booking your spa experience.
The Oak House Restaurant
- Internal access to the Oak House from the spa is via steps.
- The main external entrance to the Oak House is accessible via 3 stone steps.
- Flat level access to the restaurant is via the bi-fold doors. Please speak to a member of the team in advance of your arrival if you require access through this entrance.
- There is one accessible toilet in the restaurant with emergency pull cord, horizontal and vertical grab bars and lowered sinks and mirrors.
- The ground floor of the restaurant has one step, and a ramp can be provided to ensure wheelchair access is possible around the restaurant.
- The balcony bar and private dining room (the Acorn Suite) are located on the first floor and are accessible via steps only.
Conference, banqueting, meeting and wedding facilities
- The Venue is on the ground floor with flat level external access. There is one accessible toilet with emergency pull cord, horizontal and vertical grab bars and lowered sinks and mirrors.
- The Acorn Suite is located on the first floor and is accessible via steps only.
MADE Wellness Centre
- External access to MADE Wellness Centre can be via steps or a sloping pathway.
- Internal access to the gym is via steps. External ground floor access to the gym is via the emergency exit.
- Classes in our cycle cave use flashing coloured lights. If you have any sensitivity to flashing lights, we recommend that you speak with our MADE Centre Manager before booking a cycle class.
- MADE Wellness Centre has one accessible changing room with toilet, shower, emergency pull cord, horizontal and vertical grab bars and lowered sinks and mirrors.
Please note, certain areas of the Moddershall Oaks property cannot be accessed internally be wheelchair. We have external pathways providing access, but some do have a steep incline. We would recommend that guests in a wheelchair do not visit alone, as given the position of the property and the steep gradient of Moddershall valley, getting around the estate can be challenging. Whilst our staff will be happy to provide assistance wherever possible, we are unable to provide one-to-one mobility assistance within the bedrooms, treatment rooms and swimming pools, or generally around the property. We therefore strongly advise that you consider being accompanied by someone who can help you make the best use of the facilities.
We encourage you to contact us and visit the site to discuss any specific requirements you have, to allow us to offer help and advice as you plan your visit.